Creating Bridges, Diminishing Borders

Cognitive Dissonance is a poetry blog, featuring prose and verse with the occasional essay. The major themes of the blog are related to political and societal representations, mental health, creative expression, love, pain, loss, friendship and family. I will be publishing a combination of poetry, workshop ideas and discussing subject areas that are personal to myself.

I began writing Creating Bridges, Diminishing Borders in early 2019, whilst experiencing a heavy patch in my mental health. Whilst at my lowest I felt I needed a platform that kept me grounded, an interest that I knew could help others too. I have been writing poetry and prose since the age of 12 and thought was now the right time to publish some of my work; in hope that it can inspire and influence its readers. It is to writing, to this blog that I owe the discovery of myself. Whenever I click on this web-page I feel my most free, open, unfiltered, beautiful, dark and passionate.



If you are interested in the development of my workshop, please keep updated with my blog when you have some spare time. I am currently in the process of developing example sessions, for which I hope to utilize in the future. There are many ideas that I have stored both on my laptop and brain.
Also, if you would like to get involved in any way, shape or form don't hesitate to contact me!

Comments

Popular Posts